Wednesday, July 13, 2011

NASA, Y U NO LIKE SPACE NO MOAR?

I never wanted to be an astronaut when I was a kid. In fact, I don't remember what I wanted to be. Maybe my mom will drop by and give us some insight. However, just because I didn't want to be one, doesn't mean I don't think flying into space is freaking awesome!

When did we stop wanting to go into space? When did we, as a country, decide that space exploration was not something we want to continue? Are there flaws in the system? Yes. Are there things we need to improve on? Yes. Are there debacles that happen everyone once in awhile that should never happen? Yes. But nothing is perfect!

We should have fought this. We should still fight this. Some how, some way, we need to continue on. I could care less if it is privatized or if NASA starts shuttle flights again; we cannot stop though. The ISS needs to be expanded. We need to continue researching how to make larger space vehicles (read: Star Trek) viable. As cliche as it sounds - space is the final frontier. It needs to be tamed.




No comments:

Post a Comment