Saturday, July 23, 2011

The countdown is on!

Ok everyone. I got on a scale last night and screeched! (In my head of course; guys don't screech) I weigh more now then when at any other time in my life. I laid in bed last night and thought about how my weight is affecting my life and came up with a number of things. No, I am not going to enumerate them here; they are mighty embarrassing. So I made a choice last night to drop a few pounds (and by a few, I mean like... 50 [at least]).

I've done this once before with a good friend of mine, Todd Davenport. We agreed to a "Biggest Loser" type to contest. I'm not sure who won, but man we stuck with it for weeks. I lost a good 40 pounds during those four months, but unfortunately the following month I decided to quit smoking, and then I stopped working, and it all came back with a vengeance and brought some friends :( I have ballooned to the 300+ mark and that is so uncool. Never been this heavy, never thought I could get this heavy.

So here's the challenge, or goal if you will - 50 lbs before Thanksgiving. That's about 18 weeks away and that works out to about 3lbs per week; which is so doable. In fact, the first few weeks of this I anticipate losing a little more then that - closer to the 5lb mark. But this 18 weeks isn't just about losing the 50lbs, it's also about learning how to keep it off, and maintain a healthier life style.

My plan -

* Maintain a 3lb loss per week (anything over is awesome)
* Create a balanced diet that will suit myself, not everyone else
* Create and put into action a simple exercise routine that can fit into my daily life when I am working and when I am home.
* Keep a journal of progress. Although I didn't use one last time, I hear they can really benefit those people who are more visual learners. (I want to see how many calories those cookies really are)

That's it. That's all. I think those four things right there will put me on the right path to weight loss/ energy gain. I am not looking to get a chiseled six pack, or put on huge muscles. I am looking for inner peace :)

Final thoughts: No, I am not going to turn this blog into a weight loss blog. I am not going to brag about anything. I am not going into great depth after this post. I'll post an update every once and awhile, and if anyone has questions I'll respond. However, I am going to continue this blog as a random thought blog. I think that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment